Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Unit -- A Great Show -- We will miss you!

We are saddened -- but not surprised -- at the loss of this series. The Unit was such a sharp, hard-hitting look at the lives of special forces members and the families who strengthen their souls. Perhaps it was too good of a show to continue; bumping shoulders with today's popular programs is certainly a challenge. "Who wants intellect when you can watch jackass?" I own seasons 1-3 on DVD and await Season 4 with anticipation. To bounce a show around its time slot the way CBS did -- a crime. Do that with a useless reality show, not this one. The Unit deserved at least a quid pro quo response for its incredible expense of time, effort, and brilliant writing/casting. I too will miss Snake Doc, Dirt Diver, Betty Blue, Cool Breeze ... and Hammerhead. Though I typically wait for DVD release (commercials aren't worth the wait), this was one show that I did at least mute ads for (TiVo deficient, I'm afraid). If the network does indeed realize their mistake in years to come, I will be one of the stalwart fans who will tune in and applaud this show's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment